Sunday, March 3, 2019

RIP IN THE UNIVERSE

A portion of the baby-blue sky on the horizon turned a deep indigo. The water surrounding the dock roiled, lapping against wooden pilings and splashing over the pier.

A rip in the Universe formed and a muted gray schooner sailed across, creating a sense of dread for the onlookers, even Amelia. It came forward rapidly—skimming the inky water’s surface and traveling through all the pleasure craft, fishing boats, and water skiers who had no awareness of its presence. The guests stood, horrified by the unfolding scene, as the sailboat headed straight toward the house.

So much Symbolism in this passage. Let's start with the element of water.  Any thoughts???



facebook.com/LLCartin
twitter.com/LLCartin

2 comments:

  1. Do you get scared living in a haunted house? Did they tell you it was haunted before you bought it? I am scared to buy an old house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      I did not know the house was haunted upon purchase, and in the beginning, I was frightened. But over time, and with the help of paranormal teams, I realized they had a message.

      Once I wrote my book, the activity settled down. I love having an old house, but it always needs work. XO

      Delete