Monday, May 14, 2012

Think Cheese!


One of my students in School For Dreams had an interesting view of the LOA:

"We’re kind of like mice in a maze, looking for cheese,” Amelia thought out loud, sorting through the whole thing... To get to the prize, we obviously have to think cheese with every turn we make."  Daphne's Web: A Haunting Legacy

It may seem overly simplified until you realize that thinking cheese sets up an intention, which you would entertain many times a day.  What you think about, you energize.  Every decision or choice you make will influence what you do -- which will take you closer to or further from the cheese.  Become aware of the thousands of thoughts you have a day and just imagine how far from the lovely cheese negative thinking brings you, and what could come your way, instead.  Shifting your perspective takes practice.

As an example of changing your thinking -- can you turn "I'm never going to..." into "I will find a way to...?"  

Now you're one step closer...
                                                                                                                                            

4 comments:

  1. Can I be attracting negative things to myself or is it just a run of bad luck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Our outer world is a mirror of our inner world. If we think we attract bad luck, we do.

      Thoughts are the source of all things. Do not look at the evidence in your life, look at how you are thinking.

      ~D~

      Delete
  2. I don't know why but I FINALLY GOT IT NOW. It is thought by thought, action by action. I kept focusing on the I WANT part.

    I REALLY GET IT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Yes, it is the shift of "I want" (external desires) to "I Am" (Internal Awareness)

      You got it, exactly! You will learn a great deal from the book, I am certain.

      ~D~

      Delete