Sunday, January 14, 2024

PARABLE OF THE WISE MAN and STUDENT

Drawing from the achives of my teaching days, I wish to paraphrase a profound parable of unknown origin. A young student, thirsty for knowledge, visits an old sage. The student is invited into the man's house, asked to sit at his table, and a kettle of warm tea is brought before him. "Would you like some tea?" the wise one questions, placing a cup on the table. "Yes, thank you," answers the student. The man pours the liquid into the cup of his guest. Once it reaches the brim, he continues to pour so that the tea spills out onto the table. "Stop! The cup is already full," cries the student. "Yes, my young friend. The cup is full and cannot hold anything more. So it is with you. Come back when you have released all your beliefs and expectations. Come back to me empty. Only then, can you hold Truth." SO...DO WE WANT CHANGE or DO WE CHOOSE TO REMAIN TRAPPED BY OUR BELIEFS? Let's tallk...L L Cartin -- The Worthless Wife

4 comments:

  1. Hi LL,
    I've read your blog for years. I have a file of saved quotes. I thought this should be shared again:
    Every thought we choose is an investment in what will happen later on, good and bad. We must take the time to direct and shape our thoughts properly, always examining whether we are negative or loving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reminder. Wisdom often escapes me, and when it does, I find myself in less than desirable circumstances. :)

      Delete
  2. I never thought of thoughts as an investment for later on. I like that. It is full of hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--HOPE!
      We are created by the Creator of everything big and small. We are created in the same image!!! We create with our thoughts first, then a desire to manifest, and then devotion to the action needed to make it happen. Doubt cannot be a part of the process. The Creator had NO doubt when establishing the world and all that's in it.

      Delete