Wednesday, January 10, 2024

THE MIRROR -- Are we VICTIM or VICTOR???

What am I seeing about myself when I look upon another person? Whether I like the person or not, angry with he/she or not, I tend to look away. A kind person mirrors my lack of kindness. A selfish person causes me to judge. Bottom line, I mostly resist looking at myself because it takes going within and seeing MY character flaws. If I see kindness in others it is because I AM KIND and I shouldn't deny it. If I see selfishness, WHERE AM I BEING SELFISH? Once we start seeing ourselves in the MIRROR of another person, we have the power to change--to become a VICTOR rather than a perpetual VICTIM. It's the old adage--you spot it, you got it! Let's talk...L L Cartin The Worthless Wife

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. LOL___ :)
      Did you ever try to have a conversation while a dental hygienist has all her equipment in your mouth? This post came from just such an experience. After an hour of cleaning my teeth-- and talking --she and I concluded that everyone presents a mirror to who we truly are. The more I thought about it, the more I realized it's a good way for me to start polishing my soul as well as my teeth--before it's too late--LOL

      Delete